Culture of Respect Collective is excited to announce that applications for Cohort 8 are open! The Collective is a two-year program designed to support institutions of higher educations’ efforts in fostering safe and inclusive campus environments. Collective institutions are guided through a rigorous process of self assessment using the CORE Evaluation to make improvements in six key areas:
- Survivor support services;
- Sexual misconduct policies and procedures;
- Multitiered education;
- Schoolwide mobilization;
- Public disclosure;
- Ongoing self-assessment
As a result of participating in the Collective, participating institutions will:
- Examine how the institution’s structures, policies, procedures, and climate influences current sexual violence prevention efforts’
- Design objectives using evidence-based and promising practices to create system-level cultural changes;
- Collaborate with campus and community partners by engaging in transparent conversations to reduce barriers to reporting and restore institutional trust;
- Lead with the institutional courage necessary to create a campus environment that infuses sexual violence prevention initiatives within current strategic plans.
Throughout the entire program Collective institutions receive ongoing technical support and assistance from NASPA experts. As part of the Collective, institutions can expect:
- Facilitation of the baseline and final CORE Evaluation;
- Two customized assessment reports with quantitative scoring and qualitative feedback to guide opportunities for growth;
- Facilitation of the creation and implementation of an individualized action plan;
- Two registrations to the 2025 NASPA Strategies Conferences;
- Two registrations for the online CPE Train-the-Trainer course;
- Institutional-wide access to Culture of Respect Foundations;
- A customized in-person site visit by a NASPA expert at no additional cost to the institution;
- Ongoing ad hoc assistance throughout the entire two year process;
- Professional development opportunities such as monthly webinars, monthly newsletters, and research discussions;
- Networking opportunities with fellow Collective schools through roundtable discussions, a Collective listserv, and attending the Collective reception at the 2025 NASPA Strategies Conferences.
You can learn more about Cohort 8 and applications instructions by visiting the Collective webpage. Applications close November 22, 2023. If you have any questions, connect with Jessica Henault, the Collective program coordinator.