Culture of Respect builds the capacity of educational institutions to end sexual violence through ongoing, expansive organizational change.
Culture of Respect™ was founded in 2013 by the parents of college-aged students who were alarmed by the high rate of sexual assault on campuses and the lack of comprehensive resources for survivors, students, administrators, and parents. They convened a team of public health and violence prevention researchers and experts in advocacy, student affairs, higher education policy, and law to develop the first editions of the CORE Blueprint, CORE Evaluation, and CultureofRespect.org.
In 2016, Culture of Respect became part of NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. Culture of Respect is housed within NASPA’s Health, Safety, and Well-being Initiatives, which supports student affairs administrators working towards creating well campus environments.
Jennifer E. Henkle
Director, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response at NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Educationjhenkle@naspa.org
Program Coordinator, Culture of Respect Collectivejhenault@naspa.org
- Karla Arango, Student and Activist, Northern Kentucky University
- Allan Ford, Instructor, Wayne State University
- Asleigh Hala, Director, Office of Wellbeing, Wake Forest University
- Luoluo Hong, Vice President for Student Engagement and Well-being, Georgia Tech
- Jennifer Jacobsen, Executive Director of the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness, Macalester College
- Carlos Gerardo Ordóñez Pérez, Sistema Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Kenyora Lenair Parham, Executive Director, End Rape on Campus
- Katie Treadwell, Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs, University of Kansas
- Tracey Vitchers, Executive Director, It's On Us
- Leila Wood, Associate Professor and Director of Evaluation for the Center for Violence Prevention, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Sarah Bolton, President and Professor, The College of Wooster
- Matthew Colpitts, President, Ventures Academy
- Jackie Cruz, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Ph.D. student, NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Adam F. Falk, President, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation; past President and Professor, Williams College
- Laurie Hamre, Vice President of Student Affairs, Macalester College (2000-2015), previously Dean of Students
- Eric Hartman, Vice President, Sewanee, The University of the South
- Daniel Hernandez, Assistant Director, Fraternity and Sorority Life, University of Texas at Dallas
- Stephanie J. Hull, President and CEO, Girls Inc.
- Martha J. Kanter, Executive Director, College Promise Campaign & Senior Fellow, New York University; Former U.S. Under Secretary of Education (2009-2013)
- David Lisak, Interpersonal violence expert and founding board member of 1 in 6
- Diane L. Rosenfeld, Harvard Law School Lecturer on Law and Director of the Gender Violence Program at Harvard Law School
- Penny Rue, Vice President and University Professor Emeritus, Wake Forest University
- LaWanda Swan, Founder, The Swan Center for Advocacy & Research
- Sandi Haber Fifield