Culture of Respect builds the capacity of educational institutions to end sexual violence through ongoing, expansive organizational change.
Culture of Respect™ was founded in 2013 by the parents of college-aged students who were alarmed by the high rate of sexual assault on campuses and the lack of comprehensive resources for survivors, students, administrators, and parents. They convened a team of public health and violence prevention researchers and experts in advocacy, student affairs, higher education policy, and law to develop the first editions of the CORE Blueprint, CORE Evaluation, and CultureofRespect.org.
In 2016, Culture of Respect became part of NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. Culture of Respect is housed within NASPA’s Health, Safety, and Well-being Initiatives, which supports student affairs administrators working towards creating well campus environments.
- Sarah Bolton, President and Professor, The College of Wooster
- Matthew Colpitts, Director of Residential Life, Léman Manhattan Preparatory School
- Jackie Cruz, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Ph.D. student, NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Adam F. Falk, President, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation; past President and Professor, Williams College
- Allan Ford, Title IX Coordinator, Northeastern State University
- Eric Hartman, Vice President, Sewanee, The University of the South
- Daniel Hernandez, Assistant Director, Fraternity and Sorority Life, University of Texas at Dallas
- Stephanie J. Hull, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Jennifer Jacobsen, Wellness Director, Grinnell College
- Nicole Johnson, Title IX and Compliance Director, Spelman College
- Martha J. Kanter, Distinguished Visiting Professor of Higher Education and Senior Fellow at New York University; Former U.S. Under Secretary of Education (2009-2013)
- Diane L. Rosenfeld, Harvard Law School Lecturer on Law and Director of the Gender Violence Program at Harvard Law School
- Penny Rue, Vice President for Campus Life, Wake Forest University
- Wanda Swan, Director, Respect Program, Emory University
- David Lisak, Interpersonal violence expert and founding board member of 1 in 6
- Laurie Hamre, Vice President of Student Affairs, Macalester College (2000-2015), previously Dean of Students
- Sandi Haber Fifield